Functioning, maintenance and regeneration of lead-acid batteries
Batteries are essential and expensive elements in off-grid installations. However, their operation and maintenance are not well known/not well understood by the general public.
This tutorial, therefore, has several objectives:
- Present/Explain how a lead-acid battery works.
- Present/Explain the different types of lead acid batteries.
- Present/Explain the major causes of degradation of lead batteries.
- Present/Explain the rules for the use and maintenance of lead batteries.
- Introduce the process of desulfation (or regeneration) of lead batteries.
- 14 day(s)
Solar Generator Trailer- Electrical System
This tutorial presents the sizing and construction of an electrical system for a solar generator (1 kWp or ‘kilowatt peak’) which can be moved by bicycle. This structure was designed to fit on the CHARRETTE, an assisted trailer designed by the Véloma association, whose plans are freely available.
- 3 day(s)